Raptor 50 Clutch Replacing

Delta Whiskey

Seems, after my 51st flight, I had a hot start, when the idle up switch got knocked on during my start up proceedure - good job I had a tight hold of the blade grips!

I'm in the process of stripping it down to see what's needed, I have removed the engine, and can see the liner has come completly out, I've undone the screws that secure the stater coupler, but the the rest of it will not drop down, what do I need to do to free it, or do I have to, or can I just replace the liner? Also does it need any lubricants in there such as grease, it looks pretty dirty in there but that is probably due to the hot start  burning out the clutch liner! ?

Advert

Dont grease  your clutch or it will just slip! My raptor had a hot start before I bought it, the guy that sold it to me had never flown a heli before and hadn't reversed the throttle servo, so it started on full chat. He crimped the fuel pipe to stop it whilst holding on for dear life. So as you can imagine the clutch was goosed. It would not come out due to being so distorted and warped. Brute force was needed. All I had to replace was the clutch bell housing and the clutch itself, easy, and faily cheap too! Revolution models in Altringham sorted me out for parts. The clutch liner comes as part or the bell housing. Sorted, and flys a treat now  let me know how you get on.

ps. if the bell housing is warped, use some swan neck pliers to straighten it out then then it should come with ease.