Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone!
I thought of joining the site as I am learning to fly a Tutor IC with a great instructor and will be grateful for advice in the future on what I am finding to be great hobby!
I have a 1st question for you,I am looking at a Multiplex Twinstar 2 for myself to pratice with in between lessons. Someone has given me a balancing charger and two lipo batteries and wonder if they would be suitable for the standard Twinstar RR kit? The battery specs are 3300,3200 Amh, 15C,25C 11.1V and both are to charge as 3 cells.
As I am new to electric I am not sure of all the battery types and numbers so advice will be very grateful.
Thanks
John

Advert

Hi John.....and welcome to our "friendly forum".

Please take a minute to read the various threads we have done to help you get the most from using the forum. Also, you may want to consider filling in a little about yourself on your profile page - you dont need to divulge too much - check a few others for ideas - it will help you to get better response from the other forum users. Below you will find a few "clickable" links to some of the more relevant beginners pieces.

Please read these. 

And here 

And another

BMFA clubs 

Once again, welcome aboard and have fun 

Timbo.
PS I have commented on your twinstar  below

Edited By Timbo - Moderator on 01/04/2009 22:24:59

The Standard twinstar is supplied with speed 400 brushed motors, which TBH are pretty old fashioned things these days. They are "OK" I guess when used with the normal 7 or 8 cell NiMH cell pack, but if you wan to use the LiPos you have acquired, you need to be careful for two reasons...
1) The motors will be more powerful - but will wear out very quickly
1) The ESC ( speed controller ) is probably not designed for LiPo use - although of course, I dont actually  know which one you are planning to use. Assuming that it is a simple one for brushed motors and Nickel batteries, it will allow your motor to run for too long and let the LiPos get too low in voltage which is VERY bad for them. You can get gizmos to use in these situations ( lipo savers ) or alternatively, LAND the model IMMEDIATELY you begin to notice the motors slowing down at WOT ( wide open throttle )