A4 - F-18

MThemadhatter

I am loving my EF-16 and have been bitten hard by the EDF bug.

I am looking towards my next EDF project/purchase and trying to decide what to buy. I want something slightly bigger and a little more powerful than my EF-16. I also want the option to buy a bare airframe if the worst happens. 

I have two candiates at the moment.

The first is a GWS A4 nps with the following kit

esc 

Plus servos, ubec and RX. I would glass it using glass cloth and diamond hard varnish. This should give me at least 500W or more. Hopefully it would tank around with that set up. All up cost of this is  ~ £200 depending on servos.

This leads me to the second option, the top gun F18. Link I can get this from my LMS at £160 + £35 for AR500 is £195. It a fraction larger but still runs on 4 cell. I can only guess at the quality of the servos and electrics but I have had it out of its box in the shop and it is very nice looking. I think it is the same (rebranded) as this one

Obviously slightly modified, but it seems to fly well enough and those are some interesting possiblitlies 

So should I go for kit and build or ARTF bind and fly option ?

Advert

If you can build, how about one of the RBC kits? At least you can put what you want in it. I'm not convinced about the quality of some of the ARF stuff, my E.DO F-15 (if I ever get all the bits) is a case in point IMO.

Sorry double posted somehow??

Edited By stuey on 20/04/2009 08:37:58