UAV Outback challenge

Ryan

Hi all does anyone know if something similar to this happens in britain or even europe

http://www.uavoutbackchallenge.com.au/uavoutbackchallenge/

I am currently building an Islander and have just finished the mould for a c23 sherpa and would love to be able to use them in something like this. I have all the electronics sitting from my old diy uav, cameras, autopilot, gps nav, downlink etc but can ind anything about any competitions over here.

If anyone knows of any I would be happy to hear about them.

Thanks

Advert

Well theres the flying day at Aberporth.

But we could always start one of our own!!

I think the storyline would have to be different.

Mayday mayday, hill walker Brian is lost en route to the real ale festival, drop him some kendal mint cake and a CAMRA guide.

Perhaps RCME could sponsor a keg or two? 

• 6 months later...
FYI the Outback challenge is held at the CASA sanctioned UAV proving ground in Kingaroy Qld. This "airspace" facility is 30 K's wide, 300K's long and has a flight ceiling of I don't know. There is a connecting flight corridor from Kingaroy airport and the facility is open to organisations both commercial and educational as well as hobbyists.

Can't wait to find a suitable airframe to build so I can get up there and do some UAVing

The UAV challenge has become a regular annual event with some serious prize money on offer. If anyone in South East Quennsland that is on this forum is interested I would like to get a team together to take their money.