Spektrum DX7 Delta Wing Programming

Hi Folks,

My Fusion needs 1" throw for aileron and 1/2" throw for elevator.

Being a delta wing, the control surfaces are the same, yet just need to move different amounts for each of the two controls.

Have set my Spektrum DX7 for delta wing and have 1" throw for both aileron and elevator.

Travel adjust seems the obvious way, yet reducing the travel adjust for elevator also reduces the aileron throw - think this is due to the delta wing mixing.

Setting elevator dual rate does give the required differing movement, but then I have to remember to switch to the dual rate.

I would like to achieve this the "proper" way.

Does anyone know how please?

Edited By Peter White on 24/05/2009 19:28:56

Advert

Thanks Phil,

I have checked and rechecked this.

Wing type is set as Delta with the right elevon in the Elev port and the left one in the Aile port.

Travel adjust for elevator affects the throw of the right elevon, and travel adjust for aileron affects the left one.

Here is the catch. The throws are affected for BOTH aileron and elevator.

I am looking to reduce the throws for elevator only.

Sorted it!

There's a (very) little note in the book about Delta Wing type selection.

When using delta wing the travel adjustment function adjusts the throws of each individual servo, as I found out.

You need to use the dual rate function to set the elevon throws for aileron and elevator.

I did have half the answer having set the elevator throws for position 1 at 50%.

Have now set the elevator throw for position 0 at 50%also, so it doesn't matter now whether the elevator dual rate switch is in or out - both settings are the same - just what I wanted!

Thanks Phil.

I tend not to use dual rates as, despite my old age, I still have the ability to move the stick either a little bit or a lot.

Now have 1/2" up and down elevator and 1" up and down aileron so, like yours there is the ability to use aileron when on full elevator - great for barrel rolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!