Info on new plane

lonnie

I have just bought a Pelego, it is not equipped and has a wingspan of 63." Can anyone please help me with some info' on engine/prop/fuel/tank sizes, and the name of manuf' or where I can get plans or any info'please, I would be very gratefull.

Advert

If it is spelt Pelago, then it is probably an old Terry Melleney design, published in Radio Modeller in June 1972 - Plan no. RM94.

Plans are not currently listed on the
website, but may still be available from the new plans service - it is worth asking.

For those who do not remember him, Terry was a former world scale champion (can't remember the year, but it was in Canada) with a DH 94 Moth Minor.

He always desribed the Pelago as a "sort of low wing Super 60".

• 1 year later...
  • 9 years later...

Outerzone has the plan as a free download, along with the original magazine article.

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=8190

It looks as if it will be a light model, and was for 49-61 power back then, ie Merco. Looking at the magazine article, I see that Terry fitted the same radio gear I had at the time, the Ripmax Futaba Digimax 4, which was my first propo outfit.

Gordon