DB Design "Thug"

I wonder if anyone can assist! I have acquired from a well know and often expensive auction site, a nice ready to fly model which I'm told is a D. Boddington design called the "Thug"! It is a smallish 0.25 powered flat "slab" wing design a little like a Stick. It's a nice model but mine has no u/c and I wondered if anyone has come across the design and can provide any details like how it flies, or whether it might have had a u/c originally. I wondered whether I could put a small u/c and rubber band it or bolt it to a ply plate. Where would this go in relation to the CG?

• 2 weeks later...
I built a model called "The Thug", though not a DB design. Not a great aeronautical triumph - the designer stated upfront that it was cobbled together from leftover bits of other airframes - but it was cheap and tough and got me past my original trainer.
Free plan in Dec 99 RCMW. Go to the Traplet website, look at the photo there and check whether that's the model you've got

Good luck with that.

Mine wasn't built light - nylon covered/paint finish, std size radio, trike u/c. In that state it was a bit marginal for comfort on the 19 I originally used but an mds 28 gave it vertical performance.
Any ordinary .25 should be more than ample.

From memory I think the main gear was simply saddle clamped to a ply plate let into the bottom of the fus slightly behind the cg.

I also seem to remember that the cg wasn't shown on the plan, so there was a bit of trial and error setting this up on the bench before I finally glued and screwed it