dx7 will not bind to ar6100????

Xander Caswell

hi guys im hoping for some help here as i have just finished building a little aerobat to have a bit of fun and have been trying to bind my dx7 to an ar6100 rx the first one i got wouldn't even light up flash or anything so it was returned to shop and replaced, this one has me baffled i read the instructions and it says to connect the esc to the throttle bid plug it batt and connect flight batt to esc now the esc beeps constantly but rx does not flash so i tried doing it the old way as i have for the other 6 planes i have running spektrum gear and it flashes like its in bind mode but does not pick up the tx ??????? have spent a week on this now and its really getting to me

thanks xander

I'd bind it using a normal 4.8 or 6v flight battery first, then once it's bound, just plug your ESC into the throttle as normal for the next time you plug everything in and power up.

If it still will not bind, double check you have the battery plugged into any of the channels on the reciever and the bind plug in the battery slot. Also make sure the transmitter is not too close to the reciever when trying to bind it.

Cheers,

Simon

I reckon you must be doing something incorrrectly in the bind procedure.
Take the Rx out if fitted.
switch off the TX
plug the bind plug into the batt/bind port on the rx
plug in a separate fully charged 4 or 5 cell battery to any other port ( ensure correct way around )
check to see that the  led is flashing rapidly on the Rx
if it is not - there is a fault -send it back to the retailer or HH UK
If its flashing..... hold the green bind button in on the Tx, and switch on - KEEP AROUND 3 FEET AWAY FROM THE RX.
KEEP THE BUTTON HELD IN AND WAIT FOR AT LEAST 30 SECONDS.
Report back here with exactly what happened.

Also, once it's bound, power down the reciever, switch off the transmitter and remove the bind plug. Then switch everything back on as normal. Have seen problems in the past where the transmitter has been left switched on, or the bind plug has been removed and servos inserted with out switching it off first.

Apologies if this is stating the obvious, but worth checking everything before sending anything back.

Cheers,

Simon