Hey fellow flyers, quick question.

I am interested in getting an engine from HobbyCity, this one to be exact, and i was wondering if anyone has ordered things off here to the UK?

Also what was the service like? And finally what do you put at the Customs Declaration box and does this add on to the final price at all???

Thanks. =)

Advert

Lots of people use Hobby city, they seem to have a very good reputation (I can't remember if I have used them or not).

As a slight word of caution, if there are any problems they are a long way away to sort out if goods need returning etc.  As to the customs- well most HK/Chinese suppliers seem to just send it marked as gift, or describe it as RC parts or whatever.  Customs have never intercepted anything I have ordered from the far east, but some people have been.  As I recall their experiences seem to be that customs add a fairly arbitrary amount of money on as tax.

I would say if you are saving a reasonable amount then use them.  If it's not much then it's probably safer sticking to the UK.