Warrior 40

Hey all,

A while back I got given an old and well used Warrior 40 with all teh gubbins' in apart from the reciever. I hope to get it back flying, I don't think much will be needed to get it there.

The model itself is only the 2nd production model of the kit, the first being the prototype! Its got a fiberglassed wing and very well built fuselage. All credit to the original builder there then. Its been through the wars a bit, with damage to both the wings and fuselage from various crashes, all beautifully fixed. The engine inside is an old Irvine 40, which runs, just. A bit of fuel through it and a bit of run time should sort that out. The Wingspan is 60", with a dry weight of 6.5lb (all those repairs weigh up!). I've got my glow start and all the rest in the post at the moment (I've only previously owned lekky models), hopefully they will get through the postal strikes. Here are some Piccies:

Look at that rudder! Should make stall turns easy . . .

Engine and tank with easy acsess, now thats proper good British designing

Ill keep you updated, Flying should happen within 1 or 2 weeks.

Advert

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all, my attention has turned back to the Warrior 40. I've had a look at the tank, it is a 9 oz one. Now I bought a 4.55l can of fuel at one of the shows earlier this year, and some simple maths gives me the answer that it equals 17 full tanks worth of fuel. To me, that doesn't seem to add up, because the people down the field say they only get through 2 cans a flying season. I fly more than 17 times in Half a season!

Can anyone shed some light?