Eflite Eagle 15

Don9f

Hi, I have just completed this model and here are the problems I encountered.....

1) The coil wound into each supplied main undercarriage leg was done the wrong way for the legs to retract into the preformed grooves in the fuselage. Also the legs were a bit short to get the mainwheel to sit in the right place.
I spent a bit of time making a bending tool and made two new legs from 12swg piano wire and they now fit and retract fine.

2) The hardwood blocks  pre-glued into the fuselage were done a bit carelessly and needed some surgery to enable the retract units to fit....this could easily be sorted before gluing and I wish they had been left for me to do myself !

3) The manual stated that the motor mounting screws were 2mm thread.....the supplied screws were 2.5mm thread and the recommended Eflite motors are tapped for 3mm threads ! The pre-installed ducted fan unit motor mounts were for 2.5mm and easily opened out for 3mm but.......

4) The orientation of the left motor into its mount and lay of the motor wires through predrilled holes in the fan shroud meant that even when opened out to 3mm, the mounting holes didn't line up with the holes in the motor (different spacing of the pairs of tapped holes in the motor), requiring the mount holes to be slotted about 1.5mm to get the motor to fit.

5) The pivot bearings for both side elevators (all flying) were also carelessly pre-glued in place, resulting in not lining up properly. Had to ream the holes to get the elevators to fit and even then they were a bit out of true but nothing more could be done. Again, why pre-glue things in the wrong place? Much better to be done by the builder!

Apart from the above, no other problems with assembly of this model. Seems to have plenty of power, c of g came out ok with no ballast required, looking forward to flying it.

Cheers     Don

Advert