Help required - AR500 Rx Trouble

Nicholas Kay

Evening all,

I am hoping for some guidance from those with more Spek experience.

I have a model that has been sat on the shelf a while but when I came to use it, it struggled to maintain bind.  It will bind fine, connection is quick.  Switch off Rx and Tx and remove the bind plug and then switch back on and then nothing, no bind.

I have eleminated all connected servos, switch harness, Tx etc, nothing seems to effect this behaviour.  Even completely disconnected from all servos it still looses bind after being switched off and back on.

Can anyone offer help?

Many thanks,
Nick

And also ensure that the bind has actually completed. despite others comments, I have no issue with any of the 4 AR500s I now use - just maidened a model today and again...absolutely no issues.
Ensure that the Rx LED not only stops binking at the bind stage, but that you also wait a little longer until it glows again solid. Also remeber that the Rx can take up to 10 seconds after switching on befpore locking on to the Tx signal...this is perfectly normal, and I always double check that the controls are wiggling as expected  before throwing / taking off the model.

Evening Timbo.  I agree, never had a problem with the AR500 before in the 2 models I have.  It is something with this model that has now resulted in 1 x AR500 not working altogether (I am looking for the proof of purchase so I can go back to Horizon) and this AR500 to now play up.

I have tried all possible combinations of battery, harness, servo, Tx etc.  There appears to be no common factor.

I bind as usual, bind plug in, Rx power on, Tx power on whilst holding bind switch, await solid light on Rx, check servo movement.  I then either unplug the bind then power off the Rx or power off Rx then unplug bind, neither changes the result.

Could a long period of not being used somehow damage the Rx?  Does it have a memory that could be damaged if not powered up often?  Or perhaps damaged if suffering a short across a servo or such like?

Nick

Seems you have a duffer. Prolonged storage ( assuming no extreme conditions like you kept it in the oven to see when the turkey was ready )  should not affect it.
Send it to HH and they will doubtless be excellent in their response.
Address;
Horizon Hobby UK
Units 1 to 4 Ployters Road
Staple Tye,
Southern Way,
Harlow,
ESSEX CM18 7NS 

I have already tired.

No proof of purchase, no support.  Understandable, but who keeps receipts for 12 months?  Don't tell me, you all do!  More fool me.....

I will contact the shop and see if they will offer proof of purchase to help me in getting Horizon to support.

Thanks,
Nick

You mean tried I assume. What exactly have you done with HH so far then. I think I would have simply sent it in, and said" oy this thing has stopped working mate" or words to that efffect.
I sent in 3 Rx units some months back - 2 were at least 3 year old, and had been involved in bad crashes - case was split open on one, and aerial broken off the other.
All parts replaced, units checked and signed off as AOK returned within 4 days. FOC.

PS try a nice letter to the following, dont tell him who sent you
John Norris ( jnorris  at   horizonhobby.co.uk )  but use the normal @ symbol

>>

Edited By Timbo - Administrator on 04/12/2009 23:17:24