Long Marston Model Air Show 8-9 May 2010

Just to let everyone who hasn't heard already about the Long Marston Model Air Show that will take place at Long Marston Model Airfield near Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire over the weekend of 8th-9th May 2010.

Adverts will appear in the next issue of RCM&E and you can find out all you need to about the show at our web site at http://www.longmarstonmodelairshow.co.uk

If you have any qustions or views then please post or drop us an email  from here or via the web site.

Trade and show pilot enquiries welcome.

Edited By Chris Watson 2 on 03/02/2010 22:03:25

• 3 months later...
Advert

Well, I was there but there weren't many others.
Sadly it was freezing cold and quite windy, overcast with showers. There were some brilliant models and I take my hat off to the chaps that braved it all to give the rather thin crowd a good show.
There was a fantastic orange Jet (A scale model of a twin tail boom jet with an offset cockpit but I didn't catch what it was). Awesome sound and top flying.
Some young chappy with a foamy profile 3D thingy that was frankly amazing given the wind - I kept expecting it to just blow away across the airfield. A Zero that did the lowest fly-by I've seen in such high winds and a Farmhand towing a glider that looked brilliant fun to fly (are you supposed to roll while you're towing?)
Couldn't wander round and look at the pits because the rain meant most were covered up.
If the sun comes out we'll be back tomorrow as I need some more supplies 

Such a shame when the weather doesn't play ball given the amount of preparation a show takes to put together.  I remember the Thames Valley show last year - more like the Tornado alley show with a wicked cross wind that was making the last few vertical feet really treacherous when landing.  Once again there were some really talented show flyers keeping the show going for the public when I was struggling just to stand up straight due to the strength of the wind.

Sorry to hear it didn't draw much of a crowd, it's hard for a new show to get a toe hold sometimes.  I did see Long Marston advertised in a few places and was even planning to fly there at one point in the BFAC promotion slot, but that fell through as BFAC is cancelled this year. 

I went on both days. Shame about the weather on Saturday but Sunday was much improved although the wind was still strong and cold. Some absolutely amazing flying.
Crowds of people on Sunday, hope this will be a regular venue, especially as I only live about 15 miles away. Pair of BAE Red Arrows stole the limelight. Shame Ali's LA7 "something in Russian"  had to land after 1 circuit, that was my favourite.