My SE5a

David perry 1

Well i finished it at last and flew it all last week. Its a decent effort considering it was a rather protracted build, but it flies well enough apart from the fact that I have only got a rather battered and silencerless SC52FS to drive it.  Not a bad model at all.

Over the last two days I have built an Alfa Sabre...wow that thing has some power with a "li'l screamer" motor in it!  I cant wait to fly that!

David 

Advert

Exactly as per recommendation in manual. One thing I have found is that she is so much happier when kept LIGHT. I know some people have fitted very hot wind motors, and larger batteries, but trust me - she does NOT need it. I note you have a little screamer motor, and some of these, although powerful, can be thirsty. I use an AON 4900 with 3s 1150 Lipo.
This flies it beautifully IMO, and when I tried a 1500mahr pack, the performance suffered......the extra ounce or two spoiling things, and outweighed the slight extra puch of the battery.
Mine pulls 12A and at about 125 Watts is112 Watts per pound. Easy hand launch and about 6 minutes of perfectly scale like flight.

• 11 months later...
Hello All,

Just joined this site.
Sadly, still in the loft and untouched, apart from opening the box occasionally,
I have the Dave Platt designed "Top Flight" SE5. I bought it new many years ago.
I'll get round to constructing it in due course, but presently flying such a model is beyond my ability.
I'm still trying to keep a ARTF trainer aloft.

One day!

Have any of you any tips on building this kit.
I'ld be very grateful.