Jeti MAXBEC2D

Advert

Blimey ask a simple question and half the world jump down your throat .
No-one said anything about not charging packs or pre flight checks etc.
So if it takes from the highest voltage pack, then it must effectively be constantly switching between the two, but this does give a certain redundancy feature then, as if one pack does drop below the critical minimum, then the other takes over. However, as they are both likely to be very close to each other due to being drained effectively together, it wont be long before the second pack is in the same SOC.
Just trying ti understand the system.

Timbo, no offense meant, I was replying to both points in one , my point to Lee was basically that a 2 grand glider warrants as much safety/ redundancy as possible, especially at over 100 mph the bec has two LEDs, one for each battery and they light to show which is being used, very twinkly and brighter than the sun!

no one jumped down your throat timbo, i dont know why you felt you had to say that !!!
Anyway the point i was trying to make is that i personally did not see the point in it you can buy something that will do the same job (bar the telemetry)  for half the price, the reviewer points repeatedly to the piece of mind factor, which can easily be achieved by other systems and basic pre-flight checks, timbo also has a point if it constantly switches between the two then there may be a problem,  i have a 40 cc aero-bat that requires just as much safety redundancy as any glider, its just that i find the unit very expensive for what it is!!  for 110 quid you can buy a 9 ch receiver with a battery redundancy system built in!!  

after 5 flights with my Yak i plug the battery checker into the side of the fus and hey presto battery checked  ok for another 5 flights time taken 20 seconds!! i will save the £50 for beer !!!   drinks on me!!!!

Timbo my old fella i would never lecture you on charging batteries it would be like telling the pope how to pray!!  and as for mods having feelings.......yeah right, the world is flat, england can win the world cup and i weigh under 15 stone. don't make me laugh !!!!

all i was saying is that why would you need telemetry to tell you your batteries were flat, why can you not look at the leds before a flight and that there are much cheaper units out there that seem to do the same job as this unit for much lower price, is this telemetry stuff being hiked up in price because its the new thing, as i have said before i personally don't see the need for it, but there again i don't fly loads of electric  

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by Lee Smalley on 05/03/2010 17:27:24:

"all i was saying is that why would you need telemetry to tell you your batteries were flat" 

This is patently nonsense, if it were this simple, modellers would never lose models in flight because it's so simple....
Cells go short - fact.
Lipos whilst extremely good, are still subject to abuse, intentional or otherwise - fact.
Sometimes, thermalling models stay up longer than your 10 minutes, your perspective is a little narrow to say the least. If you actually read the article rather than just posting a pre-formed opinion, you might learn something of benefit.
The final fact worth noting is that you don't pay more for Jeti, it's very reasonably priced in fact and certainly more than competitive.