Alfa Sabre

David perry 1

Woo hoo!!  Had the maiden flight(s) yesterday...brilliant!!  What a superb little foamie jet.  Great big loops and lovely rolls.  Very pleasant indeed!

It made me think about brushless motors though...what was the industrial impetus to brushless motor development? It certainly wasn't us modellers!

david 

Advert

Nice one David,
This was one recommended to me by Timbo some time ago. Sadly, since my foray into FPV it'll be a year or two until I can afford any more planes!! Never mind - I can still look at the pics of Timbo's 

This Sabre just gets better.  I pushed an 1800 lipo into yesterday, s a bit heavier than the 1500 I was using and quite a bit heavier than the recommended pack -  nevertheless, it flew like a true Sabre!  Slow rolls, fast rolls, vertical rolls, big jet loops...brilliant.  And a lovely glide when Ole Major Tom runs out of go-juice!

I'd love to try a 4 cell pack, but a touch tight right now!

I note that at speed the fighter fishtails, so I guess the fin is a bit small.  Still, it 's Korea in my mind!  I'd love to fight against a Mig now.

David 

Hmm, Tim I cant believe that.  Fishtailing in a swept wing jet would lead to dutch rolling -  not good in a fighter and could rapidly lead to over correction and destruction.  I suspect it might have done it, but was fitted with Yaw dampers.  Dunno though.  I cant see them allowing fishtailing in a gunfighter, thats all.