Your favorite Boddington design

Martin_H

David Boddington has had a great and magnificent influence on so many of us over the years so I thought I would start a thread on favorite Boddo designs.

My all time favorite must be the Barnstormer series - not having built one myself but watching one magnificent and well crafted example of the big biplane version floating around the local flying club field converted me to big models.

The DB Autogyro was a lot of fun - experimenting with different rotating directions on the two rotors, both clockwise, both anticlockwise, contra rotating ; forward over the fuselage and backwards over the fuselage, proved nothing but having a great time doing it! 

When I can clear enough space amongst the current projects I have the 1/8 scale Boddington Vickers Vimy to build. I remember well the story of the model and its debut in the Masters in Florida. Electric for me! 

Edited By Arte et Marty on 12/03/2010 15:41:58

Advert

Mighty Barnstormer 90 for me.  Great parasol winged plane and even used it to piggyback an Aquila glider.  This used a home made cradle and releasable towhook mounted on the glider.  Supports for the 100" glider wing became of little use as the poor glider thought it had to lift the big plane hanging underneath, you should have seen the wing flex !!  Webra Speed 61 for power.

Survived hudreds of flights and eventually passed on to a fellow club member.  Thanks Boddo for a great design.

Hi all, for me it has to be the Tyro Too, it was the first model i built that flew ( well a huge loop and it "landed" behind me ), it got repaired and went on to teach me a bit of rudder / elevator flying until i was lucky enough to be taught properly ( if i remember, it had an O/S .28 engine from a Kalt Baronette heli in it )

I am getting old !!!

Regards as always
Chris.