easy pigeon setup

Advert

Hi Brian - and welcome. What a great name for an aeromodeller too :)
I see you have gone with a family member too for your plane :)
The answer is as almost always with electric flight stuff not completely straightforward. You need to consider several things before purchase, including...
1) How will the new motor actually fit into the plane - EG an out-runner brushless motor ( which is better for several reasons including being cheaper than in-runners )may be more difficult to adapt to the fitting due to its rotating case and rear mount.
2) Will the balance point be altered significantly by fitting a lighter motor.
3) Will you want to use a folding prop
4) Are you planning on going "LiPo" as well ?? If so, consider things like spare batteries, and have you got a LiPo charger
5) What are you willing to spend in total.

I am not trying to put you off at all, just dont want you to make an expensive mistake, by buying the wrong thing, and finding it is not useable in future projects either :(

As a starter for ten, here are a couple of things to look at. Apologies in advance for linking to a particular retailer, and there are MANY others about who will supply similar stuff, including PUFFIN who also will give you excellent advice too ! Its just that there are LOADS of things that could fit you requirements WHEN you actually KNOW them following considering the things I suggested :)

http://www.brchobbies.co.uk/?page=shop&action=additem&item=370

http://www.brchobbies.co.uk/?page=shop&item=565
This last one is a cracking price too !

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi Timbo
Thanks for the reply and the links

Ive been flying ic for about 10 years on and off. The kids got me the easy pigeon a couple of years back now and we have not long moved house with a massive farmers field at the back of us which he will let me fly the glider on no ic though :( and would like to change all the electrics in it they are looking a bit dated and in need of updating. Yes I have a lipo charger aswell. And price well all depends on how much for an ok kinda setup as I want to get my 8yr old son in to flying and thought this would be a good start for him.
as im a total novice in the electric flying scene

Thanks

Brian