A10 / Warthog

Looking for a Warthog and the GWS seems to be a popular version, though I cant see it doing too well with the supplied brushed motors.

Is it worth buying the no-power system and buying seperate fans / motors etc?  I did look at the old thread on this but since foamyjets have now gone out of business, the thread is no good really. 

Actually, just looking at the model in SMC, the no-power one is only twenty quid cheaper than the full kit, so thats a tenner each for the fans if I bin the motors?! All I need then is two brushless motors.  Shouldnt be that hard to Source I guess.

Or is there a better A10 for the money?  I like the idea of the GWS one coz its cheap!!

David 

Edited By David perry 1 on 22/03/2010 12:30:13

Advert

I have done exactly what you describe. I won the basic foam model on the site and had to get all the gear for it. I used 55mm GWS fans with 3500kva inrunners and 25a ESCs from Giant Cod, 3s 2500 30c lipo. It flew quite well but has a strange habit of dipping its nose under full power so you need to be careful. It was lovely on slow low passes. I say was because it is in bits waiting for a repair at the moment.

I did try 4500kva motors bot they were too much for the fans.

i would recommend  it at the price I do not think there is anything to come close.

I picked up an  GWS A10 NP version and had a look around the internet eventually settled on 55mm fans inrunners already fitted used 2 high speed ESCs and a single 3s 2200 lipo in the nose, you have to do some surgery to the kit bit its well worth it i get 300 watts with 30 amp current draw, do not use the brushed units supplied by GWS it barely flies

• 4 weeks later...