Multiplex Instructions beef

I was re-reading the excellent report on Multiplex's Easyglider Pro in the September 2009 issue when I got to the familiar niggle about Multiplex instructions.

Quote;>>

"and the constant need to flick between the English text and the diagrams, which are often at the other end of the multilingual tome".  >>

>>

I've heard this several times and remembered flitting between pages myself, although it didn't register as a niggle then.>>

This seemed out of character for the very orderly Germans, so I got out my Twinstar II and Easyglider instruction books and confirmed what I had begun to suspect.  The illustrations on both sets of instructions are in the middle pages and can easily be removed without affecting any important instructions in any language.  I knew Multiplex weren't stupid, they just don't speak our language.  Incidentally, I assembled both the above, truly brilliant planes, without realising this possibility.  So I guess I can excuse the reviewer his misplaced niggle, which is why I didn't begin by saying "the otherwise excellent report".>>

Spread the word to Multiplex fans everywhere.>>

John.>>

Advert

It's not a problem if people read the instruction book. I have the Easyglider Electric. Towards the end of the first page of English instructions, immediately above the model specifications is the line:

Note: remove the picture pages from the centre of the building instructions.

Granted, it's in the same size text as the rest of the page, but I think our typically efficient German friends covered this particular base........

Pete

ps you're right, John, use Notepad - it pastes OK then.

Edited By Pete B on 01/05/2010 19:28:57