Bargain of the week?

Advert

Well I can report that the fifty quid Starmax F9F was a superb buy!

I fitted a JR 35meg Rx and a Parkzone 1800mah LiPo.  I also took the opportunity last night of spraying the underside a pale colur (actually duck egg green) to aid orientation.

We took it to the local school field where  I launched it , as I wanted a javelin launch whilst my son was on the sticks. I briefed him about shallow climb out blah blah blah, wound the fan up and after a final control check I hurled it forth.  Ha ha, shallow climb out indeed....the little Panther climbed like it had smelled a Mig or a Jap or whetever it was designed to kill.  It was a struggle to wrest the sticks from Jon so that I could fly it myself! These models fly extremely well!It climbs fast and long, big loops are possible as are twinkle rolls and reversals.  I was glad for the pale underside though  against a cloudy sky .

Equally possible, slow rolls and low "terrain hugging radar" fly-bys!I must say if you get the chance for one at a good price (any price???) go for it, as a stock item it flies well.

I must also report that if you do NOT give these EDFs a javelin launch, you will snap the nose off.  I might also add that if you get the choice between flying it and launching it, when your son will be doing the other, then choose launching it anyday.  Still, its glued together again and ready to go!  Sons, ya gotta love em.

David