Logview battery charging analysis software

HI,

Ive installed the Logview software package on my PC which allows you to analyise the charging of your battery with a USB equipped charger.

Initially I was flushed with the success of getting the charger to talk with the software but  the problem is although I have downloaded the english version some of the data titles are still in German (the softwares origin) and the website is mostly in German.

Has anyone got to grips with this package and any hints/tips or directions to an english manual?

Thanks

Craig

Advert

Hi Chris,

Can get the software to interface with the charger but struggling to make sense of what it was showing really.  Some of the wording in the program is still in German.... 

It also installed a "help file" to describe how to decipher the data but again its all in German

Ive been trawling the net trying to find an english translation but to no avail.

Was wondering if anyone had compiled their own "user document" that could be shared.

If not, think trial and error is the only way forward.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to be slow getting back to you Craig, I've been in the USA the last week (still on american time, hard to get out of bed this morning  

I haven't yet found a guide to Logview in English, you're right in what you say about the documentation and a lot of the online discussion being in German.  Play around with it, it's worth investing some time to get to grips with as It's a powerful and flexible tool.  I used Logview to produce the graphs in my Micro Battery Mega Test Thread and for that kind of thing it's perfect.  My charger records a log file which is later downloaded to Logview but I believe you can also use Logview to record the data live as it happens.  

I'm not familiar enough with it to start writing any kind of guide, nor would I have the time, but if there's anything you start to struggle with let me know in case I know the answer  

Thanks Chris,

I think I have the software sussed to a degree that its usuable.  What im in the process of doing is creating an excel template that I can use to read the export file you can generate from logview.. 

The template will obviously have everything in English!!!  .

I dont think my charger records the log file, I can only capture the data live but unless its a full day at the field I nearly always do my charging at home on my return (the joys of having loads of LIPOs to hand)

Craig