12V lead acid

TonyS

Hi Chaps,
I left a Rx plugged into my 12V lead acid battery. Just got back from  a night away to find it completely flat.
Plugged it into my charger and it reads 6.6V. It starts to charge then I get the low voltage warning...... 
Can this be salvaged?

Advert

Apart from that, I assume you mean the 12v SLA is not charging now.
Its a fact that most lead acid batteries do not take kindly to being dischrged deeply - especially if its not a leisure /marine style unit. It may well be goosed.
Perhaps the best thing  ( as your smart charger is being ..ehh...smart ) is to try a simple charger on it at a relatively low current. Most LA batts require charging at around 1/10thC so if its say ....80Ahr, then 8A, but try a trickle charger if you have one.
I bought several of these from Aldi last year, and my field batteries ( and "summer car" ) stay connected to them all the time to keep fresh and full at all times.

Timbo, Sorry I didn't really answer your question. The 2.4ghz fpv receivers are recommended to be powered by a 3cell lip or 12V gel cell. I use a 12v Pb as I also use it to power the Diversity box. Not the same kind of animal as the usual plane Rx. T

Posted by TonyS on 04/06/2010 19:02:31:
Timbo, Sorry I didn't really answer your question. The 2.4ghz fpv receivers are recommended to be powered by a 3cell lip or 12V gel cell. I use a 12v Pb as I also use it to power the Diversity box. Not the same kind of animal as the usual plane Rx. T

Ah...I see.