Plan or help for Phase 6

Hi,
I have got hooked on Soaring  and have been given ( I think!) a Phase 6.
It looks as though it was the pro version with a symmetrical wing section.
This has now been filled in on the fuz. by the previous owner.Raw  balsa has been glued in place  ,probably ready for modifying to  the semi symmetrical type section of the wing which came with the fuselage.

1/There is no void in the wing to take the servo,  to drive  the torque rod type ailerons.
2/There isn't a peg at the front of the wing to locate it in the fus ( which has a hole for said pin).
3/ There is a screw fixing at the rear of the wing seat but no hole to take the screw in the wing.
The cover over the wing section is missing.
Any thoughts or an old plan would be gratefully appreciated.
 I am a club instructor for IC and a keen builder so there is no problem carrying out the mods once  I am sure which method I should employ to marry the wing to the fuz..

Ricard.

Advert

Hi,
   there was no plan for the P6 just a set of instructions .
1/ don't put a servo in the center of the wing. If you do the servo hangs down below the wing and on the first landing that knocks the wings off the servo will rip the side of the fuselage out. Use two  HS82Mg or similar. Make sure to use metal gear types nylon gears strip very easily on the slope.
Servos should be about 2 inches out from the inner end of the Ailerons.  Reinforce the wing around the servo boxes as cutting the servo boxes weakens the wing at this point.(1/32 ply) Slit the veneer to bring the servo leads into the center of the wing, epoxy back together again 
2/ cyno drawing pin to end of dowel place in fuselage hole .slide wing down wing seat till drawing pin makes mark on wing .drill wing for wing locating dowel.
3/ see 2
Wing center  cover scrap balsa?

Hi Geoff,

That's just what I needed to know..The wing is old so I am not sure how it was held on before! but there is no servo hole in the centre of the wing or as you suggest a direct servo drive to the aileron. (The torque rods are in place). and there is no hole at the rear of the wing for the hold down bolt.

Never mind I now know which way to go .

Thanks a lot.

Richard.