3.5mm lipo connectors - adaptor needed.

Hi all,

I've just bought myself a Topgun A10. The ESC has 3.5mm gold bullet connectors.
All of my lipos have deans connectors.
Does anyone know where I can get an adaptor? Just spent a rather frustrating couple of hours googling, to no avail.
I know I could solder my own or change the ESC connectors. But I'd rather not entrust my new toy to the quality of my dodgy soldering

Thanks,
Jamie.

Advert

I would make one, its very easy. Most of my planes used deans, until Tunigy and others changed their higher voltage and capacity lipos from deans to 4mm bullet. I have changed over most ESCs and now use 4mm bullet on all; its much easier to use than deans (in terms of connecting). 

I have made a few adaptor short length connectors for my watt meter and some older lipo/ESCs. You could, of course, just change all your lipos connectors from deans to bullet. Its not that hard and bullet connectors are much easier to soldier on than deans and don't require heat shrink. Top tip here is to very slightly ream out the plastic protector and make up a piece of 3mm steel rod and soldier male and female connectors on each end. this allows you to force your soldered up bullet and wire into the tight fitting plastic housing. I can take pictures if you like to show you.

If this seems too much, try Hobbyking, I'm sure I've seen some adaptors on their website.

Hope you have a soldering iron with some power. I suggest 60 to 100 Watt. Then it should be a straight forward job. Small irons for electronics just cook your connector and the solder never melts. Also try to fix the connector somehow - may be you have a small vice.
By the way - I prefer deans and I use them up to 80A (Sebart Angel 50) without problems.
VA