Bi-Stormer ... choice of engine.

David Turner 5

I have a 72" version of this {kit} and wonder whether any of you guys have ever built or owned one.

I'm intending to "bash" the kit a bit, so as to give it a more vintage flavour. But that's not important.

What IS important is the choice of engine. At the moment, I have three choices... Enya .90 fs,  Laser .90 fs and Enya 1.20.  The next-smallest engine that I have is an Enya .60; which I think would be a bit too weedy.

I'm looking for a nice, scale-like performance, but I don't know anyone to whom I can refer for advice ... I mean someone who has actually owned one of these aircraft. My flying style is fairly sedate. I like big, open manoeuvres and lots of landings.

I'm inclined towards the Enya .90, but willing to take advice.

Advert

I agree with Eric re the 90 4 stroke.

there were 3 bi's at our field - mine was powered by an old merco 61 - ok but you had to work it to get a roll.  cannot remember the power in the other 2 , but fairly certain that they were more powerful 60's cause they could do rolls easy.

the 90 4 st should be ok and give a better sound to the flight.

enjoy

john

The .90 it is, then.

Not the Laser, though ... sorry.

I'll use the Enya, because the .90 is physically the same size as the Enya 1.20. So, if I need to swap engines, I can just slot in the one with the larger capacity. I only just thought of that idea.

Thanks for the responses.