WOT4 artf build help needed pls.

Into a WOT4 artf build and a bit stuck in places.

When attaching eles/ailerons how much gap should i leave between sufaces?

My manual says fit 2 hinges into the rudder BUT 3 are shown in the manual.If i fit 3 the bottom slot in the fuse at tail does not line up?

If i use a flexable snake rather than the wire loop system do i need to secure it,if so where.

Sorry for the basic Q`s but this is my first build.

Advert

Question for Mods:

We get a lot of questions about the WOT4 ARTF - is there any chance of moving all the associated threads to one place to make referencing a bit easier? Or would that be really messy?

BEB

PS I suppose the best of all would be if folks used the search box to check for relavant threads before posting  But failing that at least putting them together might be easier?

• 4 months later...
aplogies for frustration induced profanity..........I have a potty mouth.
Having issues with closed loop set up on this, have done closed loop before on a Dave Patrick ultimate without issue  ( the only difference was on Mr Patricks the wires were crossed side to side   Am having issues here with getting the rudder to centralise after deflection. Have tried rerouting the wires, changing the servo and all sorts but just cant get it to behave to the point that I'm contemplating a snake and rod approach...........

Hi Vinno,

I've done loads of closed loop systems and never had a issue with them so I'm surprised. IN fact I'm a big fan of them and believe that they offer the best, and most positive system in many cases.

You its not centring agter deflection, if you feel the rudder by hand can you move back to centre easily without moving the servo? Or is it tight and off centre and any attempt to recentre it by hand meets servo resistance?

BEB

I managed to get it to centre from one side , but then it wouldnt on the other, have pulled the lot out as was getting a cob on last night and will re attempt tonight with fresh eyes...Couldnt see it snagging in the fus or catching the elevator pushrod etc, in fact all looked well , hence the changing the servo out in case it was anything to do with that.