Rx battery security

The Giggler

Advert

It really depends of the type of aircraft you are flying and how you fly it, i.e sedate vintage model of F3A aerobatic. Velcro is OK, but I would also add a velcro adjustable strap. something like this should do the job.

Once you have set your CoG, you could secure it with cable ties., assuming you plan to recharge in the airframe.

It really depends of the type of aircraft you are flying and how you fly it, i.e sedate vintage model or F3A aerobatic. Velcro is OK, but I would also add a velcro adjustable strap. something like this should do the job.

Once you have set your CoG, you could secure it with cable ties., assuming you plan to recharge in the airframe.

Edited By Ackers on 29/07/2010 16:20:32

I have been playing with velcro this morning,One of the troubles is there is no formers or airframe to attach it to where i need the battary, Another idea i thought of was a square section of foam that i can cut into for the battary to sit in then tape it back so it cant come out and gently sqweeeeesss LOL!!  it into the fuslarge so it cant move.

Is that good enough can you think of any problems other than a crash which would allow the battary to move , At which case the plane is most likley binned!!

When I started the hobby there was no velcro - so I used to fix the batteries with foam. Also at these days I normally charged the batteries in the model - which should rather not be the case with LIPOs. (those were RX batteries only)

By the way - as the battery is the heaviest piece of equipement on board it is essential to fix it properly - also for the case of a crash. I saw a lot of foamies but also wooden planes where the battery made extra damage to that of the crash as it moved forward.