Foamy A-10 - any experiences?

Peter Costello

I am thinking about a foamy A-10 perhaps from Starmax, HobbyLobby or BananaHobby but all do not recommend retracts on grass.  I use a grass patch which is pretty good but no billiard table. Options are to go hand launch or dolly.  Anybody got any experiences with any of these makes of A-10??  Thanks to Mr Ashby I already know about the Top Gun A-10.

Peter

Advert

Weve had the GWS A10 flying well.  Ive had a Starmax panther which is the dogs danglies and goes well.

Retracts off grass? Never tried at this scale and cant see why I would. hand launching seems to have worked well for half a century and I dont think much has changed. 

The foamie A10s fly and look good.and they hand launch well.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your comments guys - I hadn't realised that the GWS was only a couple of inches less wingspan - defo worth thinking about.  At least £100 extra for a couple of inches for the others I was considering!! but I do like the paint jobs that the Starmax especially have got, something I can't replicate.