Galaxy Models Foxjet

Ian Bradshaw

Morning all,

I'm currently building this model (which is a 36" 2/3 channel, sports) and I've reached the stage where I need to decide to stick with IC or convert it to electric.

What are the main things that I need to take into consideration to perform a conversion?  Could anybody recommend an electric set-up for such a model?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticpation

Ian

Advert

no and it should go better i would think mine was a pain the backside as the tank level was too low for the OS10 the reed induction on the 049 ws really low so for that it would have been perfect, my advice is to go ele***c , i think it will suit the model better, to make some more room in the fus for the battery i would suggest moving the aileron servo to the top of the wing using the canopy to cover it and the elevator servo at the back near the tailplane, but timbo is right it should still be cheap to get going

Thanks for you thoughts and advice fellas, I appreciate it.

I have no idea about electric stuff these days, things have changed massively since I used to race 1/10th offroad buggies that shared similar equipment with aircraft at that time.

I guess I'll do some maths to get the AUW and then see what size cells I need to accomodate and make any necessary mods to the fuselage.

Thanks again

Ian

I've made many of these for glow, diesel and old fashioned brushed motors. The conversion to electric was to thin the wing tips by sawing through horizontally for about eight inches of each tip. Back then I used a speed 400 and eight cells and it flew very well indeed I think the worst thing you could do with a foxjet is think too much about it... It is a very sound design. Sounds like a good project, enjoy it. David

• 2 years later...