Futaba 6V Help Odd radio problem

Flanker .

Hi there. Any wise folk about who know if one can use a Futaba FP R 138 DF on a five cell RX pack ? I have been for a while but I wonder if it likes it. I have been having some odd airborne effects like a (one off) rudder waggle, and sudden zooms. On two occasions when dropping flapperons, and yes they are set up properly and I use them all the time. Only one control at a time seems to be affected. I wonder about voltage as there is an occasional aileron twitch that only happens or is most frequent when the batt is fresh and often at around 7,2 volts.

I have not been able to obtain any odd stuff from any surface except for the little ail twitch on the ground.

Turbulence is possible but this would be a first that I have noticed have an effect like this. (she wagged her tail like a dog on climb put, wings level, and on subsequent take off tshe zoomed on lift off, responded correctly and proportionately to down and flew on )

Any thoughts?

Ta, Flanker

Advert

Tim,

Spot on but Futaba warn against using a higher voltage as it can reduce the useful life of servo's, although I think these days most servo's will or are made to use 6 volts.

Have you had any dealings with the new digital servo's from Overlander, just brought two to try in the gangster for ailerons.

Chris.

Edited By Big Bandit on 19/09/2010 12:27:20