Twinstar Prop Loss

ianl1201

After sorting out my flying control issues, I've now finally managed to make it to the flying field only to have a few seconds stick time so far as one of my props refuses to stay on the engine which has resulted in a couple of hard landings!

I did a repair using a bit of cyano which didn't last long - is more cure time needed or can someone suggest a suitable alternative to keep things in place?

Advert

Hi,

Is it the gunther push on style props????  If it is use a pin to prick a hole in the top.

This allows the air to get out as you push it onto the shaft, otherwiser the air is trapped and is sort of hydraullically forcing the prop back off again, if you know what I mean.

Might be worth replacing them with the type that you fit on with a collet arrangement.

Craig

Yep I to had this happen. The hole in the adapter works well. Also as Tim said. Roughen the shaft up I used pliers and created ridges in the shaft as well as sand papering. I lost several props . i have since upgradedthe motors and props . Goes like the clappers now. Well as fast as a twinstar can without busting the wings!!!