Blackhorse Cap 232 40 size

Simon UK

A mate just handed me a Cap 232 that has seen better days, i have stripped all the covering from it and intend to electrify it.
My buddy says it originaly ran on a 46 2 stroke, but that was later changed to a 60 2 stroke as power was lacking.

I am considering the XYH50-55 580kv Brushless Outrunner from Rob at Giant Cod, seems to get good reviews from folks that have bought it. My dilema is the number of cells to use with the motor. I would like to get the same 60 size 2 stroke performance from the plane if possible (to prove a point). I reckon the 60 2 stroker would have spun a 13" prop so i think 14" should be  possible regarding ground clearance.

So 5 cell lipo or 6 cell lipo is the question? I have ruled out a123's as they are only 2300mah and duration would suck!

Thanks for any advice guys
SImon

Advert

Well it is of course simply a Turnigy in a diiferent coat - I have always found them pretty good, but there are those who wont touch the larger ones with the proverbial pole.
I suspect that 1200 would be as far as I would push it TBH, and thats another reason of rthe higher cell count - less amps through the windings