Setting up Align GP750 gyro

Michael Oliver

Hi all,
I have just about given up trying to set up my GP750 gyro.
I cannot get the Gyro to accept the limit points during the set up procedure.
I am using an Align DS 520 servo, and have set up everything as per the instructions for the TREX 450, I have checked everything over again, and tried to set up the gyro, but tail servo still stalls as it still travels to far, HELP PLEASE.
Michael. 

Advert

The amount of travel limiting will only go so far on this gyro. You will probably need to move the ball in on the servo (closer to the centre). Once you have it so that you only just have enough to bind at each end of the travel, go through the set up again.

How far out is the ball from the centre of the servo horn on the tail ??. 

Hi Simon and Allan,
the ball link at the servo arm is 10mm from the servo centre screw (as per the instructions), it is just about possible to drill another hole in the arm to shorten the throw, but  what bothers me is that I have followed the instructions to the letter, so this action should not be required.
I shall give it a go though, thanks, Michael. 

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Michael,
The servo ball link is in the right place, don't change it, it's there for a reason and the travel adjust menu should allow you to set the end points, you don't need to do this mechanicaly. The reason it's at 10mm is to avoid the servo having to use a large arc of  travel to achieve rudder deflections, with it set at 10mm the servo dosen't need to travel as far and therefore you get a faster rudder response which you need if the gyro is to be efficient at making corrections in Heading hold and rate mode.
The travel adjust should remove the difference in travel on right and left inputs due to the tail offset at neutral, ie, it will usualy have more travel to the left than the right once the tail offset has been set.
Press and hold the "set" button for 2 secs and then press it again (about 3 times i think) until the travel adjust led is on, now move the transmitter stick carefully to the left first to the point you want the travel to reach which should be just short of full travel, then move the stick to the right until again it's just short of full travel and then press the "set" button. Now switch off the reciever and switch on again waiting about 5 secs for the gyro to re-initialise  and you sould now have the travels set. 
Bear in mind that once you have adjusted the rudder offset in "rate mode" by moving the tail servo mount to get the correct deflection to enable the heli to hover without any tendancy to yaw that the travel end points will have changed  so you will then need to reset the travel adjust points again.
Hope this helps.
Vic.