New glue

Clark Ross

found a new glue it is called welder a contact cement made by homax products herein the usa. it is the perfect canopy glue. it has to be held in place till dry  about an hour to set and twelve to cure but once set you will tear the canopy trying to get it off. the primary use i bought it for is for hinging control surfaces(beveled edges type)you just tape the two surfaces together and smear a small dab in several places on the joint let dry then remove the tape and walla a hinged joint. there is only a thin film doing the job but it is tough and flexible. you have to do it to believe it.it is the only way i hinge now.

clark

Advert

Reading the only msds i can find on there site its got toluene in it, so completely illegal to import, sell or use anywhere in europe ( and a lot of other places ). Its unlikely to be imported at the formulation i can find on the MSDS and contact glues arent so easy to formulate without toluene in them!
Due to how toxic toluene is its banned at levels over something like 0.5%, the MSDS i found shows massive amounts of toluene, toluene was a great solvent for contact glues but not so good for the human body or the enviroment so it was banned some time ago to prevent kidney,brain, liver damage and destruction of the enviroment 

Edited By StarLoc FiveStar Adhesives on 22/11/2010 08:23:10

Edited By StarLoc FiveStar Adhesives on 22/11/2010 08:23:30