David Gilder

Timbo,

The spec for this is as follows:

Wingspan: 950mm
Length: 1000mm
Wing loading: 36g/dm2
Main wing area: 18sq/dm
Flying Weight: 620g

Here is a LINK to the model itself in the HobbyKing website!!

I am of course open to advice on adjustments and build advice for this as never built / flown a foam model before!!!     (like how best to get rid of little nobbly bits all over it from the moulding process!!!!)

Cheers,
Dave.

Ah, thought it might be that one
The moulding pips and bumps should only be removed if you are considering covering and painting it. If so, then a light sanding with fine emery paper will remove them, fill any holes with spackle ( very lightweight filler ) and for covering, I use tissue and Poly-C or for tougher finish but at a weight penalty light glass cloth, and again Poly-C or maybe epoxy resin.
If your gonna just slope it, then I would leave the fan etc out, and then you can afford more weight for tougher coverings.

Just a thought,  If it is going to be so light anyway, do I really need to put a harder covering on it?  Landings should be quite soft anyway!!!!

I might lightly sand of the pips on the white portion of the foam, but I have no experience or equipment for re-painting the red areas if I were to sand them down!!!

Dave