I miss my Wildthing :'(

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all :D :D :D :D :D

I have a question, i crashed my wildthing 46 almost 2 years ago....(the radio gear then being used for other things, and sailing takeing up the majority of my time which explains why its been so long).....anyway the fuse was smashed apart so that was binned but i kept the wings and they have been sitting in my shed for two years and ive always wanted to get her flying again (ive been flying IC on and off but no offence to any IC pilots i do prefer gliders ^_^ ) and now i have the money i would like to. Now my main question is do i just buy a new fuse or should i buy i a whole new plane?. I don't know beacuse of UV degrading the wings beacuse they have just been sitting on a shelf no special treatment.

Many Thanks Chris

Edited By Chris C on 27/12/2010 10:33:20

Edited By Chris C on 27/12/2010 10:33:49

Edited By Chris C on 27/12/2010 10:37:06

Advert

On that note this is the prices: 

Reinforced crossweave tape ( 50 mtr x 50 mm ) .............. £  5.00

Coloured vinyl tape ( 66 mtr x 50 mm ) .......................... £  3.00
                 ( choice of black, red, orange or yellow )

Ready to cover fuselages ....WILDTHING ....................... £11.00       

thats what i need if i was just to redo the fuse and use the wings i have :-D 

and for a complete kit its £54.95 so it may be cheaper just ot get the bits i need

So long to get around to rebuilding my wildthing or checking the prices?, well ive been flying and building an ic chris foss middle phase glider which was modified with a thunder tigre 40 in the front and ive been flying an electric trainer....and fixing it haha....also i do alot of sailing which takes up quite abit of my time in the summer but ive got to the stage where i honestly sat down and thought....wow i miss my wildthing (enter fond memorys here) so with my christmas money i figured it wasn't too late to rebuild :D :D, do you fly a wildthing yourself?

Edited By Chris C on 27/12/2010 23:21:04

No Chris,I dont  even know what a wild thing is!! The fuz is cheap isnt it,.Can it be a glider with a thunder Tiger 40  in it,strangely I was thinking the other day if any gliders had IC in them so youve answered that question for me.It was the 2 years thinking I questioned.About the sailing,a club collegue suddenly started selling his models and bought a cabin sailing boat for a bout £20000.He went out into Chichester Harbour  and became  very stressed.He became ill with chest pains.He just wanted to get off the boat.His friend insisted on sailing the boat until my friend had a wobbler.My friend was ill for a couple od days had tests.he has been told he has a dodgy valve in his heart and not to get stressed.He is selling the boat

Chris,

i think you should rebuild it if the wings are in good nick. Strip them back to nothing & check the condition of them, if ok then redo the cw tape & cover the lot in coloured tape & get it back in the air. There's a lot to be said for this model & you could do worse than flying one of these

Cheers thanks :D, i don't sail anything quite that big haha i sail a 14 foot laser dinghy which is fast and fun , well we added the engine in to the middle phase after we had flown it as a glider for a year it reacted very well being converted to ic also there was never an issue with the engine cutting out because of its glider pedigree

Edited By Chris C on 01/01/2011 20:36:50