Sudenfalk Glider

Marky

Good morning all, Happy new year!
I 've been looking through some old copies of RCM+E in the hope of finding some more information on the Sudenfalk electric glider, I suppose iot might be about 2 metre wingspan and powered by just a smallish motor, The only reference I can find is on page 27 of RCM+E July 2003, there is a picture (uploaded to my photos) of one being held by a young man called Alan Willows, Would anyone out there happen to know how I could get more information on it please?
Many thanks, Mark.

Advert

I have seen a very similar shape model in a more recent copy. It was a re print of an older photo and the glider had a lady holding it.

I cant be sure but I think it was in the 50th anniversary issue.

Of course I cant find my copy right now

Edited By Phil B on 02/01/2011 08:43:20

Hi Phil,
Many thanks for that, I dug out some more copies, including the 50th anniversary issue and no joy. I did e-mail the manx model flyers club secretary as I'm sure (going by the text) the model was at a meet over there. It's very strange that there is so little on it. I've also been looking at various plans to see if there is anything like it, to no avail.
Many thanks, Mark.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, just thought I'd give give an update if anyone is interested, many thanks to Chas Gardiner, The correct name for this glider is Sudanfalk - Sudanese Falcon, AH! makes sense now. Chas very kindly managed to secure the original plans and send them to me, Thank you. In the meantime I did some searching and the plans are still available from a trader on the German Ebay site along with many other very good Germanic designs including the Hai2 which has recently been released as a kit I understand. I also located a video of the Sudanfalk on you tube. hope it helps anyone interested. Mark.