Bargain radio from Al's Hobbies?

Mark Lubbock

couldn't resist this:

Al's Hobbies are doing a 4 channel TX from Esky at only £10!

Also from Al's by Esky is a pack containing 6 channel micro Rx, 2 8g servos, 20A speed controller & a pair of crystals for £25!

This makes a complete set for £35!!!!!

Granted the set does not have all the latest features, but it does have servo reversing & looks & feels reasonably tough. I have had the back off to change the mode (5mins work) as they are only supplied in Mode 2, & the only negative thing I could note for the price was that the charging plug is reverse polarity to a Futaba charger.

I have used these recievers & servos in other models & they perform well. The speed controller is for a brushed motor & although rated at 20A it uses the BEC type of connectors & the wires don't really look to be up to carrying 20A. It is apparently Lipo compatable.

I do intend to have a go at designing a simple powered glider, perhaps with a Jedelsky wing & 400 motor around this combo just to see how cheap & easy it is to get into the air nowadays without resorting to ARTFs. it may even tempt my at present non R/C'er, but showing an interest, mate to have a go!

I already posted this in the Models & accessories section, but this one seems more appropriate.

Watch this space

Advert