Home made waterslide logo

Chunky Dunk 4

I am building a !/8 near scale DH Cirrus moth and would like to make my own waterslide DH moth logo. I have not been very successful in my search for a "master logo" that I can copy and scale. I could take the easy option and buy one from DB sport & Scale, but to me the fun is in the doing .....

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Advert

Thanks for the tip ... I have just had a look at the flightline web-site and it certainly seems a good place to find what I am looking for. I still need to find the actual image though,and that part of their web-site is under reconstruction at the moment.
From what I can see so far the waterslide method seems to need a lazer printer .. I have an inkjet .. so I am beginning to wonder if I will be able to make my own anyhow.
Any thoughts or advice anywhere??

I have to admit I am brand new at this forum lark with this reply being the third post I have ever made, the other 2 were earlier on this evening.

Sounds to me that a phone call to Nigel is a very good idea, and I would be more than happy to share all the details of my current build.

So crazy question ... who is Nigel and where can I find his number.

Incidentally the model I am building is my first one for 30 years or so, and my first ever RC. Being an engineer with a need to be creative I keep asking myself why I took so long to "pick up my tools" again!!

Hi,
It is possible to use an inkjet printer for decals. Crafty Computer Paper do white and clear sheets for inkjet and lazerjet printers. Just make sure the ink has dried thoroughly before spraying three or four very light coats of clear laquer (I use Humbrol satin clear acrylic) before a couple of full coats. Here's some of my results:

Adrian

Edited By Ady Hayward on 30/01/2011 00:02:42

A friend of mine suggested Modellettering but I haven't tried them yet.

I have also used Crafty Computer Paper a few times. Great for electric but I find that nitro eventually makes the lacquer go sticky on glow models so have resorted to covering them with transparent sticky plastic left over from decal sheets for other models:

I also did some very nice decals for a black BAe Hawk but alas that is no more.

Nice Vampire Ady.