JR XG7

Steve Fish

There may be another thread on this but I failed to find it. Relocate, moderator, if required!

I read with interest the review by GA.
As an owner of the tried and trusted (imho) Spektrum DX7 I was struck by the similar, if not identical transmitter case moulding, the same switches placed similarly, the same text and font.

Funny that JR's tag line is "Feel the Difference".

It's different - but the same?

Granted the screen is backlit and there's a rolling selector but Spektrum have that on more recent models. NZ prices are higher on the whole, so cannot comment really, but £330 sounds much more than a DX7 set.
For fewer model memories.

Advert

Tony the DX7 was only a JR transmitter with the DSM2 protocol installed by spektrum, The feel the the difference tag is JRs ergonomic design philosophy, i think you will find that the DX7 actually had little to do with Spektrum, that is why txs made specifically by spektrum look and feel so different the XG7 is JR first true Freq Hopping system and a seperation from Spektrums DSM2 as a result they have released it first on a mid range system (on a tx that has been available in the US for some time) and thats a wise idea there are plenty of people that like me are genuine JR fans and do not like the DSM2 protocol

• 9 years later...