learning 3D

Phil 9

Advert

Then I'd go for something in EPP. Much more robust than depron. Plus I don't think that is the best kit on the market (a bit on the heavy side). There are so many options to choose from.

Some thing like this or this

You could also google for free plans for indoor shockie fliers, both in depron and EPP and make your own.

You could always build your own. Buy some sheets of Depron, some carbon strip and rod, foam safe CA and some kicker. Cheap motor and ESC, some 5 gram servos and away you go. My Stunt Monkey flies on cheap 2s packs (350mah), you could go heavier if outside. I've had hours of fun with mine, only took a couple of evenings to cut out and glue together. The bonus is, if you break it, you can build another. Mine has hit the floor/wall/ceiling/ground numerous times trying out new moves. Couple of Sharpie pens to add some colour.....what more could you want.

I've seen some build review on that GC Edge, and it looks a bit cheap and heavy to me (could be wrong). If you are going to enjoy learning 3D, you want something with a good power to weight ratio, but also something which isn't built like a brick. You will crash it, so it also needs to be something which you are not going to get to attached to. Depron can be a bit brittle, and some of the EPP models are really tough and a bit more suited to flying outdoors, plus they repair really easily.