Futaba 2.4 radio issue?

Tim Morton

Thanks Peter, some excellent suggestions. I hope to finish off the Stick Mk2 today so will post what I eventually do with it all. I had ordered completely new kit - radio, servos etc. so it will hopefully all go in without problem. One advantage I suppose is that I'd already set the radio so barring minor trimming that bit is done.

We have our club fly-in tomorrow and it would've been nice to have the Mk 1 BS there.
But if its not too busy in the early morning I'll try and get this one ready for it's maiden - they usually fly straight out the box. But theres on rush - I'd rather not fly than chance another a dead plane...

The only Fasst receiver that had temperature issues was the early version of the 6014 14 Ch R/X and as been stated back up the thread that was when fitted under a large canopy and standing out in the likes of the Nevada desert in baking heat, and that receiver was subsequently modified. There is definitely not a heat problem across the whole Fasst 2.4 range and most certainly not in our climate.

So now I've had a look at what happened I'm not at all convinced it was a battery that came loose. I'll post some photo's - tell me what you guys think please (if I can work out how to do this - I've just crashed the programme twice and lost my first message - why is it so complicated and buggy??)

Edited By Tim Morton on 23/04/2011 11:27:08

Right - finally got fed up trying to insert images - constant crashing. So they're in my photo's section if you don't mind looking there.

Whilst I'm grumbling on about the system - I keep on having to log in again and again - its beyond a joke. I'm running an Apple Mac and I don't have this with any other site - it's just RCM&E so don't believe it's my computer
I know other folk have had the same problem as I have over a long period - will it ever be fixed?

Tim,

Looking at your photos, if those plugs and sockets stayed joined together throughout the crash then indeed it puts a slightly different complexion on it. The battery looks to be somewhat ‘battered’ but did any of the cell connections become disconnected? If not, and if the electricity is still appearing at the receiver, then I’d say you might have to be looking for another reason for the loss of control. Which would seem to put you squarely back at the signal disappearing, but then that instantly again begs your original question, ‘Why did the throttle not shut?’ Could it be a major component failure in the rx, which resulted in no output to any servos? If that’s the case, I’d expect the rx to now be as dead as a dodo, even if there is a good battery supply standing on it. I’d tend to examine everything very carefully, and find out where it stops working. If it’s still operating ok at the moment, then I guess you probably need to consult the Ripmax radio repair dept., to find out if indeed there might be an inherent intermittent fault which might have caused it. And indeed consult them if it’s dead, to find out why!

A difficult one to call; and from the pictures, no really obvious reason that knocks you over. Maybe if you continue to play with this, and although this might be difficult, I’ve been there too, you might just come across something.

That really is a shame, if you’d got in a tangle and piled it up, that’s one thing, but to go straight in without any reasonable explanation is just not cricket! But, however, it is a very real hazard of aeromodelling!

As an aside, I too use a Mac, a laptop, and apart from the time I managed to post the text under the ads, a little quirky that now seems to have been cured, I have very little trouble. I always work as much as possible outside the forum, and only log on for short times anyway, just to submit the post.

PB