Nigel Hawes EZE-FAN

Rob Barrett

Good evening all,

I'm about to have a go at my first build and thought July's EZE-FAN maybe a good introduction for me.

I've seen the addition photo's on this website and read the forum so all I need to do now is start spending !

Can anyone recommend a GOOD model shop, preferably in the North West Norfolk Area where I can go and source all the balsa in one go ? I really want something of a good quality.

Thanks,

Rob  

Advert

Hi Rob, I would personally think that you could not be better located for the purchasing of balsa wood etc. You lucky blighter, you are living close to my favourite supplier!!

SLEC LTD!  Give them a try.  E-Mail /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img][email protected]][email protected]

NB> The mixture of upper and lower case is intentional. All the best from Allan J..TTFN

THEY ARE LOCATED IN  WATTON , NORFOLK.

Hi Allan,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Unfortunately SLEC's website is still under construction but can I just ask - can you just pop in and buy from this company as I thought this was just a warehouse / wholesaler / mail order only company ?

I'm desperate to buy from someone who can advise on balsa weights and maybe even someone who's happy to take a little time to help me go through the plans and form a 'shopping list', if you like. I'm finding the different weights / qualiities of balsa a hard one - I guess there's a lot of low quality product suppliers out there that I need to be wary of, is there ?

Sounds easy to the experienced guys but difficult to know where to start for a novice builder, such as myself ?

Thanks again,

Rob 

Hi rob, I'm surprised that you were unable to make contact with SLEC. Think I will give them a try later to-day. I don't know if they have any sort of retail outlet as I have either bought from their stand at Sandown or used jolly old mail order! I'll see what I can find out and come back to you. Regards Allan J...TTFN

Thanks Allan but I think you may have mis-interpreted my reply or more likely I wasn't very clear ?

I haven't actually tried contacting them BUT did drive past a couple of years ago now and as I say I didn't realise they were actually a retail outlet but instead I thought a wholesaler / supplier direct to the model shops ?

Sound like I'm wrong - I hope so anyway as they sound perfect and Watton is only 30-40 minutes from me, too !

Cheers again,

Rob  

• 1 month later...

Forget the website Jaques - Phone, E-mail and Fax all work perfectly and the service from SLEC is, in my humble opinion, second to none !

On the contrary try e-mailing a well known model shop in Huntingdon - I have done on numerous occasions and they can't even be bothered to reply (not pnce, ever !) !

Well done SLEC 10 out of 10 from me !

"Un-named Huntingdon Shop" 0 out of 10 from me !

Rob 

OK, but it is handy to be able to trawl through their products at anti-social hours, (as I seem to do these days).

The thing is that the web is interactive and you don't have to disturb them if a website is up to date. I can't understand why they don't get it up there. It would save them having to field the phone and fax, and would bring them more business.

We have a small business here, and we did away with the fax 2 years ago.

J.