Minium Edge Binding

john Wilson 1

Just bought a Kyosho Minium Edge 540. It's a lovely little thing and I would really like to get it airborne. Unfortunately when I follow the instructions to "bind" the TX and RX it doesn't seem to work. The TX beeps as it should but the RX simply emits a low-pitched whine and an LED flashes inside the fuselage. I have very little experience with electric flight so I don't like to go poking around for fear of breaking something.

I'm in contact with the supplier and on the point of sending it back but wondered if anyone might have encountered and solved this problem.

It's not clear to me, as a complete novice with forums, if this is the right place to launch this query so forgive me if I am treading on toes.

• 5 weeks later...
Advert

Hi John..

I've got one of these too. I remember having trouble binding it to my existing Certerbria Tx.. If I remember corectly, if was a combination of dodgy instructions and me for not reading them properly..
You have to turn the Tx on, whilst pushing one of the stick IN.. ?!

It is fun, but be aware that unlike previous Miniums, this one really needs D/Rs, which you haven't got, so it's 'twitchy'... I also haven't managed inverted very well, but it's still way more powerful than my Certerbria..

HTH's..

Luv
Chrisie... xx

Thanks Chrisie. After having someone look over my shoulder whilst reading the manual and still getting no joy, I sent it back to the supplier. They didn't give me any explanation but sent it back in working condition, duly bound.

It is a bit twitchy on aileron but soggy as hell on elevator, even though I have put the throw up to maximum. Also it is prone to tip stalling but it is predictable and recovers easily. Doesn't glide too well either. Loops, rolls and inverted are possible but the lack of a rudder limits aerobatics. Still, it does what I bought it for which is to snatch a quick flight in a very restricted space late in the evening when the wind drops.

I don't like the fact that the throttle stick self-centres, and only has any effect over half its travel, nor the grotty little wheels which seem to be always on the point of collapse. It's a toy, but a nice one.

amicalement, musicalement

john

Dont know how techie you are, but I put a proper 2.4Ghz aerial on my Tx as the original is a joke... The aerial was a bnc screw on type, purchased from Maplin..

The range has nearly doubled since. Great for the faster moving Edge, fun, for seeing how high I can get the Certerbria.. LOL..

Luv
Chrisie... xx