PA Extra 260

• 10 months later...
Advert

Laugh permited

Indeed I could not find one anywhere but it was easy to put together without the manual and guess once it was all up together I found the manual yeah my workshop is not tidy as it should be

Unfortunately I crashed mine an early morning last december or november and been trying to find a red cowl since but without luck then I settled for a green cowl and canopy that color contrast is going to play avoc with me being color blind lol

Anyway mine should be back flying after a few repairs I love that plane it flew so nice I hope it will still be the same after the repair. I mostly fly in Croydon if you fly there give me a heads up next you come around.

Hey guys, I have had my Extra 260 for just on 3 years now, so much fun to fly. Does everything so easily, a little affected by the wind but you kind of expect that. Only issues I have ever had is with the undercarriage landing in grass that is a bit long or a heavy vertical landing, highly recommend this plane.

I imagine it is slightly harder to get spares in the UK, thankfully living in NSW, Australia I can jump on the web and have a part the next day. Laurent I hope your repairs don't affect it to much and you both have heaps of fun flying it.

For the landing gear I recommend you to swap the metal screw for nylon one, in fact I've done that on all my plane that have screw on under carriage. The only things you need is a bunch of spare screw when you go flying otherwise on hard landing it will tear the bottom appart causing too much damage. With the nylon screw you are safe, the screw thread will give away or the screw will snap and your fuse remain intact.

Lucky for me the damages are not too bad see pix below

I've seen the use of nylon screws before, but didn't really think of it, excellent idea and I will definitely do it on my next plane (hopefully an Addiction X). Thankfully the CF mounting plate is well designed and in a heavy landing it seperates from the fuse with practically no damage to the fuse.

My advice is that the PA can be flown really aggressivly and I will not trust plastic gear servos under 12gr for that job but 65MG will do fine for aggressive aerobatic. If you intend to fly yours more gentle aerobatic then yes maybe below 12gr with plastic gear should work.

My PA got the voltec servo as I buyed it straight from australia I did get the hardware and EPA kit I know this was an expensive purchase but an amazing birthday present

I've used this servos on lot of my aerobatic from 39" http://www.giantcod.co.uk/epower-digital-metal-geared-micro-servo-p-403798.html until the last 4 I receive where no centering and showing really shaky travel

I've just receive 4 of the following that I are for a 42" edge540 racer from HK http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=11856&aff=318131

Read somewhere recommeded CoG was 90 - 100 mm back from LE - Maiden today, 3 packs used about 6 mintutes each on the conservative side, flew well, bit of up trim then I tried a few tricks and flew it inverted with hardly any input, Knife edge was easy and held it in a prop hang too for 10 sec easily - slow landing into the wind easy too, very pleased !

PA Extra 260

Edited By Delta Whiskey on 02/04/2012 13:49:26

Well done Delta Whisky. Your extra look great!

I've found that the COG point is pretty wide and on mine it was battery all the way to back make it really nice for prop hang, knife edge and the harrier arre so easy. With the original COG it felt more like aerobatic then 3D for me.

Also the transmitter setup provided by PA are awesome I will search through and get my manual out to post them.

Happy flying