Best place to route a receiever aerial on a flying wing?

Been almost a year since I last posted here... I'm on the final stages of building a Flyingwings Raven, and I was wondering where I should be routing the (35MHz) receiver aerial. I picked up that placing the aerial anywhere near both the ESC and motor is a very bad idea, and that it's generally best to have the aerial running off a wing tip. Thing is, it's the middle bit I'm confused about. Do I stick the aerial along the leading edge and have it running along the edge of the wing at the end (forgotten the word for that bit), or just take a shortcut to the wingtip at the trailing edge by routing it across the top/bottom of the wing?

Advert

When I built my last wing I just routed the aerial round the edge of the plane so it was all under the covering tape. Absolutely no problems what so ever, even when flown quite a distance away. Just my experience anyway. Logically it would be best if it was straight but doing it the way I did didn't actually seem to cause a problem. Your mileage may vary!

Great, thanks for the advice. I guess I have a bit of a range advantage in that the Raven doesn't need covering, though the icreased risk of getting the aerial caught in the prop is a little discomforting.
Just out of curiosity, how well to 2.4GHz receivers behave in small flying wings? I don't have any 2.4GHz equipment, but my interest in the hobby has just flared into life again in the last week or so. Is it still generally superior to 35MHz?