Fixing Foam

Solid Snake

Today I maidened my St Models Blaze in about 10 mph winds, the first flight went well but the second was less successful. On the landing approach it stalled and went nose first into the ground. No major damage, however the nose is now slightly bent and I need to somehow straighten it out again. I've used hot water to reshape foam before but I am worried about getting water into the motor so I was wondering if any kind of heat would have the same effect? Such as heating the foam with a hairdryer etc. Here are some photos of what I mean

and

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Advert

james-leave it until tomorrow and see if it comes back to shape...if not take out the motor and any other electric gear...and have have a go with some hot water......... i've never tried myself-i've heard of it been done.......so water and a bit of brute force......when it happened to my blizzard..... i had to buy a new fuz....... let us know how you get on...

ken anderson ne..1 .... tech dept.

Thank you for the quick reply Looked at it this morning and it hadn't sprung back into shape so i'll have to use the hot water method. Wasn't sure if I could remove the motor at first but after at little persuasion it was able to slide out. Will try out the hot water method once I get back from holiday