Cambrian Fauvette 2m Soarer

Advert

One of the kids in school had one 15 or so years ago, TBH at you flying ability I wouldnt bother unless you want it for retro reasons or like me I have been on the look out for a Capstan as it was my first model. The fauvette was a bit like the Capstan in fact except it has ailerons. To sum up - very old school, so if you want a bit of nostalgia take a punt.

PS I have never seen any of these models on the Orme flying, my guess is that the seller is not a flyer, might be house clearance stuff????? 

Edited By Conwy Soarer on 17/08/2011 08:55:17

Posted by Tim Mackey - Administrator on 17/08/2011 08:41:44:
Nice detective work Ian. I do know this "Guy" and although I havent seen him around for years, he was a good builder of models, so they should be OK.
A fellow clubmate is, I know, already bidding on the ASW

Oh, I was keeping quiet about the ASW - never mind, first come and all that - I'll not be bidding against him . Thanks for mentioning it.

Did someone say Capstan? I liked the look of that Fauvette but too many models already. That one ^ is built from the "new" Cambrian kit. First model I ever had some *ahem* 30 years ago, so really had to buy this one.

Scale pilot as you might be able to see.... flies great, bit odd going back to R/E but it's positively stately and more aerobatic than you'd think.

Posted by Alex Leigh on 18/08/2011 20:53:31:

Did someone say Capstan? I liked the look of that Fauvette but too many models already. That one ^ is built from the "new" Cambrian kit. First model I ever had some *ahem* 30 years ago, so really had to buy this one.

Scale pilot as you might be able to see.... flies great, bit odd going back to R/E but it's positively stately and more aerobatic than you'd think.

Lovely Capstan there!!!!, mine was almost the same colour scheme 30 odd years ago, it had Acoms 2 ch 27MHz gear in. I remember teaching myself to fly with it - really built to last!! When I saw them relaunched I to was tempted to buy and build the kit just havent got around to it. Flying crunchies I still think is the best way to learn to fly you guys who have learned on EPP dont know your born, back in those days one of the most important bits of kit was the black bag to collect the bits!!

He's right you know We were 27mhz and Acoms as well! Blue Crystal which was seriously compromised by large CB aerials on the big trucks in the valley below. The original capstan was held together by pva and habit. Can't believe my dad chucked away the remains without asking me..

Well I missed the Fauvette on fleabay. Does anyone have the plan for it I could get a copy of please very nicely?

Gordon