Cambrian Funfighter Hurricane build

Ben B

I could but I need all my fingers to do up my Big Girl's Blouse for wearing down the flying field

In all seriousness yes I could but I've had enough gentle reminders from the back of propellers when needle twiddling to realise that fingers and propellers don't mix.... or should that be that they do mix- rather too easilyl! So from now on it's RNVs all the way....

I'd rather be able to twiddle the needle valve without it feeling like something from Hurt Locker

Advert

• 6 months later...

I think I'm the slowest builder in the world- but I get there in the end. The build was slowed by the appearance of a few ARTFs!

The wing bandage is in place and the West System epoxy is curing as we speak. I managed to apply lots of very thin (almost dry) coats of poly-C onto the fuselage and wing veneer and no sign of rippling or distortion. So now I'm going to apply the glassfibre 0.6oz matt and apply more polyC. Then it's just a question of some filing, spray it in high build primer, sand it down etc etc etc..

I would post a photo but my digital camera is missing in action somewhere in our spare room! Oh well.

• 5 years later...